Saturday, June 13, 2009

quiet saturday doing nothing while beth is at a meeting

Beth and her director have a training meeting scheduled a couple of weeks from now, so they got together today "to plan". This, I think, is a term they use loosely. While I'm sure some planning takes place, I'd guess a fair amount of time is spent swapping stories.

P--- is probably the funniest woman I know. She can stretch a story like nobody else. I've laughed till my sides hurt listening to her. The first time I saw her do a show, it was at our house. She came in carrying a wooden crate full of tools. Before long she had everything set up in a makeshift store window display. (She's really good at this.) She and Beth talked while they got things ready. During the show, I sat in the kitchen listening. Before long she was telling the party-goers about something called a "Two-Cup-Wonder-Cup". Suddenly things were getting interesting. Was this from Victoria's Secret? It turned out to be a device that measures both dry and liquid ingredients and can hold up to two cups of either.

After these meetings, Beth talks. Her mind is abuzz with all things Pampered Chef and there is no barrier between it and her mouth. This is a stream-of-consciousness download. When she comes home from the national conference or leadership training, these can last from several hours to a few days. This time it was short, but we're going to dinner later, so I'll probably get PC_Info_Download v.1.1 while I eat.

I dont mind these talk sessions. It's her way and part of why I married her.

No comments:

Post a Comment